Saturday 30 April 2016

Years Down The Lane



Years down the lane,
I find my life on a single plane,
That angle of my life I had to sacrifice,
To give my hopes and dreams a feeling suffice.

Those strenuous hours and hard days,
When my mind was far from the games of mud and clay,
When my life was just beads of blood,
That dripped as I toiled down my road.

Oh! The tiresome hours I spent,
To find and reach a dream so hard to be lent,
Those tears I shed to follow the path of all,
That I forgot to hear the call.

The very call of my heart,
That tune of symphony,
Which hummed my beloved desires,
To follow the dreams so close to me,
To follow the path that none could,
and to strive and beat the world.

For then would my heart calm,
For then would my eyes forsake the tears shed.




No comments:

Post a Comment